2004 Ranger fuel line release

Discussion in 'How-To Submissions' started by ranger101, Jul 17, 2024.

1. ranger101

ranger101 New Member

Long story short, I need to replace my fuel pump on my 2004 Ford Ranger 3.0 ...... I have watched umpteen videos and none do a good job of showing exactly how to remove the gas lines. All start with "relieve the pressure by removing the fuse and allowing the engine to run out of fuel." Then the process of getting to the top of the gas tank. I chose to remove the bed/box because I replaced it two years ago and know what I am doing. But now I look at the four lines, all color coded, to make sure I am watching the correct videos and still need some reassurance on how to accomplish this. I have replace fuel pumps and sending units but all on GM vehicles and that was many years ago so this is new to me. From what I can tell, the one guy said to grab the female end of the connector and push in a bit while using a screwdriver (?) to push in on the colored tab..... This should release the line. Is it that simple? Are there other things to consider? Thanks for your help and any other suggestions you have concerning the removal of the fuel pump/sending unit.

Attached Files: