Check engine light reset

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by ranger101, Jul 27, 2024.

1. ranger101

ranger101 New Member

Got a check engine light... O'Reilly's diagnostic report said there was a problem with the sending unit that is part of the fuel pump.... bought a new fuel pump/ sending unit from A1... installed it via the protocol suggested in the video... pulled relay, ran the engine out of fuel... disconnected the battery... did the project... replaced the relay with a new one because SOMEONE DROPPED THE ORIGINAL ONE.... replaced the battery cables, and it fired up fine... no check engine light because I disconnected the battery.... Took the grandkids fishing yesterday and on the way home, the check engine light came back on... I suspect it is the same problem... So I googled the question to see if disconnecting the battery clears the code or is the code still in the computer.... most forum answers were "no" that in some cases, the error code is still stored and may reappear until the computer cycles several times in the future and it will go out by itself.... TRUE??? Please advise and thanks...