Open chat thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hooligan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Well, truck's in for inspection, and my mechanic has a stick up his ass as usual. My muffler was sagging in the back because I didn't have anything to hold it up, so instead of offering to correct it for me, he told me to go take it and fix it myself. As soon as it's out, the muffler's coming off and I'm just running my cutoff again. And I'm not going back to him anymore because he uses ****ty cheap parts that wear out after 3 months, hence why my second set of hubs blew out.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I would have thought he would sell you a hanger

4. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Bungee cords and Duck Tape! best solutions when you need to fix something fast.

5. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Whut up guys

6. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Notin much, what you doin

7. El Camino Man

Working on my OHC lol

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

What problems you having with the ohc?

9. El Camino Man

wiring... Iv got 3 wires hooked up out of about 8 lol.

10. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

which colors dont you have hooked up yet?

11. El Camino Man

grey/yellow and blue/red are the main ones. Im still waiting on buying the temp sensor so those two are on hold for now.

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

ok they grey/yellow(yellow/grey) goes to a power source behind the radip as well as the blue/red....

for the blue/red when you pull your stereo out do you see a blue/red wire in the harness for the radio? if it's there that's the one you should splice(tap, connect) into for this wire...

and for the grey/yellow(yellow/grey) i believe there was one in my truck as well behind the stereo....

did you ever get the grey/black wire hooked up?

13. El Camino Man

I dont have a grey/yellow or blue/red behind my radio. Iv got my grey/black hooked up to the pink/orange one tho

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

ok do you have a blue/white behind the stereo? not the white/blue....

15. El Camino Man

On my OHC or radio?

16. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

radio... i know there's one on the ohc it goes to the temp sensor...

17. El Camino Man

Yup. Theyres a blue/white one. I think I also found my blue/red one while i was in there lol

18. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i just looked up the wiring for your radio and it doesnt list a blue/red....

hook the blue/red to the blue/white behind radio and then hook the grey/yellow to the white/blue behind the radio as well.... from what i am seeing online that's the 2 wires you need to splice into for power and illumination...

the white/blue is the switched +....

and the blue/white behind the radio is the illumination...

19. El Camino Man

And your 99% sure?

20. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

21. El Camino Man

Thatd be right lol. Well, its worth a shot lol.