Open chat thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hooligan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. It's simple. The 300 inline 6 from Ford has the same bore and stroke as the 429 Cobra jet mustang engine and has about the same compression. That engine dragged my truck down the street the one day and it's bone stock

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Lol yup. And theyre notorious for lasting a lifetime. Thats why I want one

4. Yeah. Throw it into the Ranger. Oh wait... You were talking about putting it into a Dakota, weren't you? Lmfao

5. El Camino Man

No lol. I was talkin bout puttin it in a Ranger with a blown motor lol. Dont you pay attention?!

6. I'm busy multitasking between homework and looking part numbers up for my truck! Lmfao

7. El Camino Man

Lol been there done that... Except its usually my El Camino lol

8. lol

So here's this to brighten everyone's day lol

[​IMG]
    Stole it off of a buddy on fb

9. El Camino Man

10. hahahahahaahhahahaha

11. Wow.... I just saw that I have 1080 posts in this thread..... That's sad

12. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

well the chance of me getting that 71 mustang is getting slimmer by the minute

13. djfllmn

well the car hasnt been running in 20 years...every fluid is full in the motor...i wanted to see if the motor cranks because then i could have it running very easy but the guy thats selling it isnt real fond of that idea...so if i cant see if the motor is gonna crank i aint gonna buy it

14. That's bullsh*t. Something's fishy about that sale right there... Pop the hood and see if the fan spins all of the pulleys. If they all spin, then the motor isn't seized. Just ask to see the engine again and try it without telling him it. Or ask for a test drive.

Edit: I mean, as long as the engine isn't seized up it shouldn't take much at all to get it running. Add some Stabil to the tank and prime the carb, and fire it over.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  15. djfllmn

well you cant turn those motors by hand because they run so high of compression...i tried to spin it but i couldnt...so im either gonna need a breakerbar and socket or try to see if the starter will do it

16. That was my second option lol Yeah, a rachet on the fan pulley nut should cause the engine to turn. But I would say get a longer breaker bar for some extra leverage to make it easier. Is the engine clean? Or all dust and dirt and grime covered?

17. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

id go with the breaker bar and socket.... the starter could be stuck if it hasnt been started in 20 yrs....

18. djfllmn

considering the car is 41 years old it is really clean...nothing is leaking

19. Yeah. Leverage makes everything so much easier lol. Well, I'm off to go get me some Subway. Be back later!

DJ, go with the breaker bar and threaten him to see if it cranks. Lmao. Then just say you're going to manually crank it. By the sounds of it, something is wrong with the ignition if he's afraid to let you crank it...

20. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

pete, get yourself a meatball pepperoni melt with mozzerella. you won't be dissapointed :D